Encourage the attitudes, choices and habits that support sustainability at the institutional and personal level in the Georgia College community and connect civic responsibility to learning experiences, both inside and outside the classroom through community services, education and outreach.
- Create VISIBLE Signs of Green Initiative on Campus
- Increase awareness of all programs relevant to sustainability that exist on campus
- Encouraging habits that promote sustainability
- Encourage incentives, awards that promote sustainability
- Create a network of faculty whose courses promote sustainability
- Increase curricular components by supporting faculty
- Assessment of sustainability components
Georgia College offers an inventory of over twenty Sustainability Courses for our undergraduates. We have recently created a Certificate in Sustainability, which will serve all four colleges, to help our undergraduates learn to implement sustainable practices in their major degrees.
Do you live in a Residence Hall? Please contact your CA and invite us out for an informational meeting on your floor– we can help everyone learn more about Sustainability at Georgia College!
Events – Past and Ongoing
Every year, the sustainability partners on campus, such as the Office of Sustainability and Shades of Green, organize outreach events on campus. Most of these recur at similar dates and often coincide with national celebrations. The links below show some of Georgia College’s previous events, as well as some of the national events that we celebrate.
EarthWeek – April 14-22, 2014
Student Green Fee Symposium – Thu. April 17, 2014
EarthFest! – Fri. April 18, 2014
World Food Day – October 16
Campus Sustainability Month – October 22